For attractive hair and a distinctive look with a new color, you can use hair henna, as it gives you amazing benefits other than changing your hair color to your favorite color, but you need to know how long henna lasts on the hair? until you get the desired result.
What is henna?
Henna is nothing but a natural plant that is cultivated in many countries of the world. A certain color is extracted from the henna plant that helps change and renew your natural hair color. You can also put it on the hands in the form of certain drawings and engravings, to give your hands or even other body parts a distinctive shape. And beautiful.
And the beauty of henna is that it is not only to renew the appearance, but also helps to get rid of many difficult body problems, because of its amazing natural benefits, and for this reason, henna is used in the preparation of many natural and cosmetic preparations for hair and skin care, in order to preserve the required vitality and freshness. .
How long does henna last on hair?
Some people ask.. How long does henna last on the hair? Where the duration of applying henna on the hair varies from one person to another depending on the nature of the hair and its health condition, as well as the color of the natural hair, it is recommended to put henna on dark or dark hair for a period of no less than 4 — 5 hours continuously, and for light-colored hair, it is recommended to put henna for only 60 minutes To ensure color stability on the hair and a satisfactory result.
How long does henna last on hair for children?
Children’s hair may be weaker and more vulnerable to damage, so it is recommended to put henna on children’s hair for a short period of time, not exceeding two hours, especially since henna contains many substances that may cause some annoying complications on the scalp.
Many specialists also advise the necessity of removing henna from children’s hair with the appropriate conditioner with the nature of the hair, and using some natural oils on all hair follicles and the scalp to eliminate potential infections, and this period is sufficient to install the color of henna on the child’s hair.
Read also: Best hair thickening spray from Nahdi
How to apply henna to hair and for how long
Some people apply henna to the hair incorrectly, and from here some complaints appear, such as the lack of color stability or sufficient clarity, so we explain the steps and duration of applying henna on the hair:
- Quarter of a large cup of water.
- A quarter of a cup of henna.
How to prepare:
- Put the ingredients of henna and water on each other, stirring well, until the mixture is completely homogeneous, then put the henna mixture on the hair.
- Make sure to distribute the mixture on the hair well, so that it reaches all the hair follicles.
- Cover the hair with a hat or the designated plastic bag.
- After at least two or three hours have passed, we wash the hair well with the conditioner intended for it.
- As a last step, we can apply coconut oil to all hair follicles until the henna is fixed, and cover the hair again for at least 60 minutes.
- Finally, we wash the hair with the appropriate shampoo or conditioner.
Does henna damage hair?
Yes, henna contains many substances that may lead to increased hair dryness, and there are many types of henna that lead to serious scalp allergies, resulting in many complications, so it is not preferable to use henna excessively and excessively, In order not to increase the severity of frizz and hair loss.
Read also: The best quick treatment for severe hair loss and thickening
How do I know that my hair benefited from henna?
There are many factors that assure you that all hair follicles have benefited from henna, and these factors become clear as follows:
- When the hair acquires the color that matches it or the natural color of henna.
- Hair has a strong smell.
- Increase hair softness.
- Get rid of the problem of frizzy hair.
- Treating hair loss problem.
How often should henna be applied to the hair?
You can put henna on the hair at least once during the month, especially since excessive use of henna may lead to hair damage, as well as infection of the follicles and the scalp with many problems that may require some medical treatments.
Putting henna in small quantities without excessive helps to eliminate the signs of graying, and also helps to moisturize the hair and keep it from common problems, which may affect it negatively.
Is henna applied to wet or dry hair?
Many specialists advise the need to put henna on wet hair, as washing it with a shampoo suitable for its nature helps to kill harmful bacteria accumulated in the scalp, and then put henna on the hair after drying it until it becomes wet in a relatively simple way, so that the henna is distributed correctly on all hair follicles. to take advantage of its natural components.
Is it necessary to wash the hair before putting henna on it?
Yes, many beauty experts advise that hair should be washed with water and the shampoo designated for it before applying henna, as this helps to kill hair bacteria and toxins formed on the scalp, which cause some annoying infections for many women.
Read also: Why do we resort to vitamin E to solve hair problems?
Tips for applying henna to hair
If you want to try henna on your hair to rejuvenate your appearance, there are a set of important tips that you should focus on before applying henna to the hair, and all of these tips are as follows:
- It is important to use glassware when mixing henna, rather than metal utensils, as the metal reacts negatively with henna, affecting the hair and scalp.
- The hair must be washed with a medical shampoo designated for it, as it is effective in eliminating harmful bacteria and toxins in the scalp.
- Distribute the henna well on all the hair follicles.
- Avoid exposure to the sun’s harmful rays while applying henna to the hair.
- The duration of applying henna to the hair should not exceed four hours continuously.
- Remove traces of henna on hands or clothes as soon as possible, because they are quickly established and difficult to get rid of.
- A small amount of orange or lemon peels can be applied to fix the henna color on the hair.
Benefits of henna for hair
Henna has amazing benefits for hair, and this is what makes some people keep using it frequently. Among the most important benefits of henna for hair are the following:
- Henna helps in improving the scalp, as it kills harmful bacteria that may cause an increased risk of severe infections.
- It contains many vitamins that play a distinctive role in moisturizing the hair, and supplying it with all the necessary elements and vitamins.
- Reduces the appearance of graying signs and helps give the hair a special and beautiful color.
- It works to regulate the oily secretions produced by the scalp continuously.
- Helps increase hair growth.
Finally, after we answered the question of some, how long does henna last on the hair? Henna is the most appropriate way to rejuvenate your appearance and change your usual hair color, in a natural way without resorting to chemical hair dyes that inevitably lead to hair damage and gradual destruction.