Marriage is defined as a relationship that brings together a man and a woman, in order to build a family, and it must be noted that marriage is a strong bond that helps to cooperate in facing life’s troubles and problems. Which Islam organized for each of them, so that if each of them performed it correctly, this means ensuring happiness in married life.
How to be obedient to the husband
- Obedience not disobeying God Almighty: The wife is obligated to obey her husband unless he orders her to commit a sin. She does not have to obey him, because absolute obedience is only to God Almighty, such as ordering her to take off her veil, or to abandon her prayer, or to have intercourse with her during her period.
- Hastening to seek bed, because the Messenger, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, said: (If a man calls his wife to his bed, and she refuses, and she stays angry, the angels curse her until morning) [رواه البخاري] .
- Beautification and wearing adornment, because the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said: (Which women are best? He said: “The one who pleases him when he looks, obeys him when he commands, and does not oppose him with regard to herself and her wealth with what he dislikes.” [حسن صحيح].
- Preserving herself, his money and his children, as the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, said: “The woman is a shepherd in her home and is responsible for her flock.” [صحيح البخاري].
- Avoid entering anyone into his house without his permission. She must not allow anyone who hates her husband to enter her house, whether the guest is a man or a woman or one of her mahrams.
- Asking permission before leaving the house: The wife must obtain her husband’s permission before leaving the house, after which she can go to carry out her needs.
- Fasting with his permission: If a woman fasts without her husband’s permission, it puts him in embarrassment if he asks for intercourse with her, or hates her not being present at the dining table. This is evidenced by the words of the Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him: (A woman does not fast when her husband is present except with his permission, except during Ramadan, and she does not permit in his house while he is Witness except with his permission) [ حديث صحيح].
- cognizance of the good; Do not harm him, because the Prophet, peace and blessings of God be upon him, said: “A woman does not annoy her husband in this world, but his wife from al-Hoor al-‘Ayn will say: Do not harm him, may God kill you, for you have an intruder who is about to leave you to us.” [رواه الترمذي].
When is it legal for a wife to obey her husband?
The wife is obliged to obey her husband as soon as she pays the urgent dowry, and by preparing the legal home for her, and her request to him, and there is no other impediment, and when the husband’s trust in her is proven, and he does not intend to harm her.
Situations in which the wife is not obliged to obey the husband
- If it is proven that he is dishonest over her money, such as whether he disposes of her money or her device equally.
- If he harms the wife in any of his actions, such as moving her to another country without mentioning the reasons, and also if he severely beats her, which makes him dishonorable.
- If she has the remainder of the accelerator with him, even if it is a dirham, then in this case she is not forced to obey him, and the obedience claim is not heard from him if he acknowledges that she did not pay her urgent dowry.
- If it is proven that there is no security in the dwelling, such as the presence of bad neighbors for them.
The obedience imposed on the wife is not blind obedience, but God made her restrictions and conditions, so that this obedience must be based on trust, faith, and righteousness in the husband’s actions, in addition to that obedience must be based on understanding and dialogue, which increases the strength and cohesion of the family. .
How to be obedient to the husband