How does hair grow?
Hair grows from the follicles; They are small pouches found in the skin, and the following are the stages of their growth:
- Hair growth starts from the root at the bottom of the hair follicle, and this root consists of protein cells.
- The root is nourished by the blood vessels in the scalp, which leads to the formation of new cells that allow hair to grow.
- The hair is pushed through the skin to grow, and during this stage it passes through the oil glands that keep the hair shiny and soft, and may also make it greasy.
- Hair dies over time and comes out through the skin; Therefore, we can get different haircuts without feeling pain.
- Hair grows on the rest of the body in the same way; However, one cycle remains for only one month; Therefore, body hair does not reach the length of scalp hair.
Types of foods for hair growth
Hair grows approximately 1.25 centimeters per month, and 15 centimeters per year; The speed of its growth depends on several factors such as age, health, genes, and healthy food. The healthy food factor can be controlled in contrast to the previous factors; As eating unhealthy food can lead to hair loss, and eating healthy food rich in nutrients contributes to strengthening its growth, and the following are the best types of food that contribute to strengthening hair growth:
- Fatty fish.
- sweet potato.
- sweet spicy.
Nutrients for hair growth
Studies have shown that increasing the doses of some vitamins, substances, amino acids, and herbs increases the rate of hair growth, and reduces its loss, and the following nutrients that strengthen hair growth:
- Protein (amino acids).
- Vitamin A (Retinol).
- Vitamin B, specifically vitamin B6, B12, and biotin.
- vitamin C.
- Vitamin D.
- Vitamin E
- ↑ “How hair grows”, www.aad.org, Retrieved 5-18-2018. Edited.
- ↑ Ryan Raman (9-4-2018), “The 14 Best Foods for Hair Growth”, www.healthline.com, Retrieved 5-18-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “Best Vitamins for Hair Growth: A Complete Guide”, www.nicehair.org, Retrieved 5-18-2018. Edited.
How does hair grow?