Natural ways to thicken hair
Fenugreek seeds can be used to thicken hair, as it helps prevent hair loss, and it can be used by following the following steps:
- Soak two to three tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water for 8-10 hours.
- Grind the seeds to form a paste, and then mix them with two tablespoons of coconut milk.
- Apply the mixture to the scalp and hair.
- Leave it on the hair for (20-30) minutes.
- Wash hair with lukewarm water.
- Use this method regularly to get thicker hair.
Rosemary oil helps stimulate hair growth, treat dandruff, and prevents baldness when applied to hair. It can be used by following the following steps:
- Mix several drops of rosemary oil, and mix it with a little olive oil.
- Massage the scalp with the mixture for a few minutes.
- Leave the mixture on the hair for 3-4 hours.
Medical solutions for hair intensification
There are some products that the US Food and Drug Administration has approved for use, as they are used to thicken hair and prevent hair loss, including:
- Finasteride is a male-only drug that increases hair growth by reducing the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone.
- Minoxidil: It is a topical medication that dilates the vessels and potassium channels. This medication does not require a prescription and can be used by both men and women.
Tips to help thicken hair
There are some things that must be taken into account to maintain the health of hair, prevent hair loss, and increase its density, including:
- Avoid washing hair daily, so as not to remove the natural oils secreted by the scalp, and washing it 3-4 times a week only.
- Washing the hair with cold water, to protect it from breakage and damage, because hot water works to dry the hair and makes it weak.
- Avoid combing the hair when it is wet, because this weakens it and leads to breakage, and it must be combed when it is dry using a comb with spaced teeth to get rid of tangles
- Protect hair from sunlight, and avoid exposing it to high heat.
- ↑ Brown (26-5-2017), “18 Ways on how to make hair thicker naturally and fast”, www.vkool.com, Retrieved 23-1-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “How to Thicken Hair Naturally”, www.draxe.com, Retrieved 23-1-2018. Edited.
- ↑ Erica Cirino, “5 Home Remedies for Thicker Hair”, www.healthline.com, Retrieved 23-1-2018. Edited.
- ↑ Brown (6-30-2017), “54 Tips How To Grow Thick Hair Fast In One Month”, www.vkool.com, Retrieved 23-1-2018. Edited.
How do I make my hair thick?