The medical treatment
Among the medical treatment methods for acne are the following:
- Antibiotics: an example of which is tetracycline, which enhances the fight against bacteria and infection from the inside out, and is usually used alongside topical medications such as creams, when the latter is not successful in treatment alone.
- Contraceptive pills: Pregnancy pills regulate hormone levels in the body, and reduce the appearance of acne in some women, and it is forbidden to use these pills during pregnancy.
- Isotretinoin: This drug belongs to the retinoid family, and it reduces the size of the sebaceous glands, and helps regulate the replacement of skin cells; Which helps to get rid of bacteria and excess oils through the pores, and the doctor prescribes this drug in cases of severe cystic acne, or when other drugs fail to treat; Because it contains side effects that may be severe at times.
- Laser treatment: Laser treatment helps reduce acne infection; As the laser light limits the amount of bacteria present on the skin that cause pimples.
- Chemical peeling: Through chemical peeling, the outer layer of the skin is removed, which leads to the removal of white and black heads at the same time.
The following healthy habits can be followed to treat acne:
- Reducing sugar intake: Studies show that a low-sugar diet reduces acne symptoms, and you can eat fruits when you feel like eating sweet foods.
- Sleep: The hormones in the body, metabolism, acne and other things are affected by sleep; Therefore, you must get enough hours of sleep daily.
- Aerobic exercise: Aerobic exercise pushes the body to secrete more sweat, which in turn cleans the skin pores of dirt, in addition to that, sports promotes metabolism and reduces stress, which all contribute to getting rid of acne.
Get rid of acne scars
One of the following natural ways can be used to get rid of acne scars:
- Baking soda: Baking soda works when mixed with liquid, and left to dry a little as a natural exfoliant, and to use it, an amount of baking soda is mixed with two amounts of water, then the mixture is applied to the place of the effects with the fingers, and rubbed in a circular motion for a period of no less than a minute, then rinse the face.
- Aloe Vera and Vitamin E: Aloe vera contains skin healing properties, and vitamin E can reach deep into the skin to treat scars, according to acne specialists.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is a natural skin softener. According to the American Chronicle, olive oil is used to moisturize the face, restore the skin’s natural elasticity, and enhance the healing process. For use, the entire face is rubbed with a very small amount of it (the size of a pea).
- ↑ Erica Roth, “Acne Treatment: Types, Side Effects, and More”, www.healthline.com, Retrieved 3-3-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “7 Simple Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Acne Forever”, www.organics.org, Retrieved 3-3-2018. Edited.
- ↑ BRENDA BARRON (18-7-2017), “Natural Ways to Fade Acne Scars”, www.livestrong.com, Retrieved 3-3-2018. Edited.
How do I get rid of acne and its effects
writing 2019-12-15 02:06:20 – Last updated: 2022-06-20 13:30:01– on the date :