Breeding birds is an entertaining hobby for many people, and it is one of the hobbies that brings its owner a good return. There are many who turn to this hobby without having any information about it; Therefore, in this article, we will present one of the important aspects of bird breeding, which is how to vaccinate birds, and the most important tips for successful vaccination. 
How are birds vaccinated?
Birds reproduce by means of eggs; Where the male bird fertilizes by ejaculating semen into the female bird’s reproductive tract, which leads to the formation of the fertilized egg. In order for the vaccination process to be successful, certain things must be met and taken care of, namely:
- Providing all the bird needs of good nutrition, in addition to nutritional supplements, amino acids, enzymes, mineral salts, and proteins; To strengthen it and enjoy good health, enabling it to resist diseases and epidemics.
- Make sure to cut the nails of both males and females before the vaccination process; If the nails of the male bird are long and sharp, it may hinder the pollination process, as his nails may alienate the female bird from him, and therefore the pollination process does not take place to the fullest, and that the length of the nails of the female may spoil the eggs by breaking them, or spoil the nest, and the feathers of both male and female must be cut birds especially around the area of each member; To ensure that the pollination process is successful.
- Providing the male with vitamin E and selenium, due to its great benefit in increasing the fertility of the male bird, and sexually stimulating it, by increasing its production of sperm, and vitamins ADK; They are useful in achieving immunity for the bird, strengthening salts and calcium in the blood, and increasing bone strength, in addition to their usefulness in supporting the visual and nervous systems, and thus all of this is transmitted to the chicks.
- Ensure the safety of the birds before the vaccination process, so as not to be an obstacle to the vaccination process, and that the bird has completed the process of changing feathers completely.
- Ensure that the nest is prepared, and that the male bird is not entered into the nest until after the female has finished preparing it.
- Examination of eggs by the detector; It is preferable that the number of bellies in one season does not exceed 3 to 4 bellies; In order to ensure the safety of the female bird, and so that this does not lead to her death, or the exhaustion and exhaustion of the male bird.
Some types of birds
Types of birds:
- Peacock: a bird of the rank of chickens, the size of the male peacock is the size of a turkey, and the most important thing that distinguishes it is its cheerful and beautiful colors, the size of the female is smaller than the male, and the colors of its feathers are less, and the peacock depends for its food on frogs, insects, grains, snails, weeds, and the female peacock lays Ten eggs or more, and are brown.
- Chicken: It is considered one of the most beloved birds by humans, and it benefits from its meat, eggs as a food source, and its feathers for making pillows and others. It is a domesticated bird, with short wings and tail, and the male chicken is called a rooster.
- Pigeons: It is a family of birds that man has raised and benefited from as a source of food, adornment, or for flying, for the purpose of hobby, and its food is grains: such as lentils, rice, and dry bread. Well ventilated to raise it.
- ↑ “Bird”, britannica, Retrieved 31-8-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “Vaccination”, poultryhub, Retrieved 31-8-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “Bird Guide”, allaboutbirds, Retrieved 31-8-2018. Edited.
How do birds get vaccinated?