Change in blood pressure during pregnancy
During pregnancy, women are exposed to many temporary health problems, including the change in blood pressure rates, which result from an increase in the amounts of blood pumped by the heart to parts of the body. The doctor once a week or more if necessary, and here and in this article we will learn how this change occurs, when it is dangerous, and identify the types of blood pressure during this period.
During pregnancy, especially in the sixth month, the body produces an additional amount of blood equivalent to two and a half times the normal amount of blood, which the heart must pump to all parts of the body, which increases the normal body temperature, and it is normal for blood pressure to change slightly during pregnancy, as the hormone progesterone Which is secreted by the body relieves pressure rates from the wall of blood vessels; Therefore, blood pressure drops during the first and second trimesters of pregnancy, which causes a feeling of dizziness in some women when they stand for a long time.
In the middle of pregnancy, blood pressure is at its lowest, and then begins to rise gradually again from the twenty-fourth week of pregnancy, but in the last weeks of pregnancy, if its rates rise and return to normal, this does not pose a danger to the pregnant woman, but if its rates remain high and for more than Once after measuring it, you should see a specialist.
Dangerous cases of high blood pressure during pregnancy
- If your blood pressure reading is 140/90 or higher in two readings at least four hours apart.
- If the blood pressure reading comes at one time 110, or more, for the lower number, i.e. diastolic blood pressure, the diastolic blood pressure reading is more important in giving accurate information about the extent of high pressure.
- When the doctor discovers during pregnancy follow-up that the woman has high blood pressure, this requires conducting the necessary medical examinations in the hospital.
Types of pressure ratings
- Chronic high blood pressure, and this rise occurs before the twentieth week of pregnancy, and this means that the woman was suffering from high pressure before pregnancy, and that it will remain high after childbirth.
- Gestational hypertension, which occurs after the twentieth week of pregnancy, which is only experienced by women during pregnancy, and this type usually does not pose a problem.
High blood pressure during pregnancy