Grape leaves or varicose leaves, are one of the most important products of the grape tree, and grape leaves are characterized by their delicious flavor and many benefits, and it is one of the most famous meals that are prepared, as grape leaves are wrapped in rolls stuffed with meat, rice and vegetables, seasoned with spices, black pepper and herbs, and the leaf season begins. Grapes with the beginning of spring, and continue until the beginning of summer, and can be kept frozen, or pressed, or canned, to be used at any time.
Nutritional value of grape leaves
Grape leaves have a high nutritional value; It contains calories, dietary fiber, many vitamins, and antioxidants, such as: vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin B complex, niacin, folic acid, and riboflavin. It also contains many minerals, such as: iron, Sodium, potassium, phosphorous, calcium, manganese, magnesium, copper, and monosaccharides such as: glucose, fructose, and resveratrol.
Grape leaf damage
No damage to grape leaves has been proven, as it is one of the types of plants that contain useful elements, and does not contain any kind of toxic elements, but some warnings about eating grape leaves come because the grape tree is sprayed with various insecticides intensively, which may cause the accumulation of substances Toxic effects on the surface of grape leaves, and this damage can be overcome by washing grape leaves well, boiling them, and not picking them in close periods of insecticide spray.
Grape leaf benefits
There are many benefits of grape leaves, including:
- Maintains cardiovascular health, and prevents venous insufficiency.
- Improves the health of the pregnant mother and fetus.
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory, and prevents its development.
- Strengthens the body’s immunity.
- Prevents osteoporosis, especially in postmenopausal women.
- Facilitates bowel movement, and prevents constipation.
- It helps to get rid of addiction symptoms.
- It increases the secretion of the female hormone estrogen.
- Treats sinus infections, relieves cold and flu, and prevents colds.
- It prevents cancer.
- Treats gout.
- Prevents rheumatic arthritis.
- It prevents gastrointestinal diseases.
- Regulates blood sugar level.
- Reduces the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood, and prevents atherosclerosis.
- Diuresis, prevents fluid retention in the body, and swollen feet.
- It increases the efficiency of the liver and maintains its health.
- Helps the body get rid of waste and toxins, especially harmful organic acids.
- It prevents clots.
- Protects against infection with bacteria, germs, and pathogens.
- Prevents gum disease and infections, and strengthens teeth.
Grape leaf damage