Qatayef is considered one of the oriental sweets, and it is a dough that is stuffed with a lot of fillings, such as cheese, cream, nuts, and many more. It has a delicious and good taste, and it can be cooked in the oven or fried in oil. In this article, we will learn how to prepare fried Qatayef stuffed with nuts and cream.
- For the dough:
- For the cream filling:
- For the nuts filling:
- A cup of white flour.
- A cup of fine semolina.
- A teaspoon of fine sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of soft instant yeast.
- A spoonful of baking powder.
- spoon of salt.
- A cup of warm water.
- A spoonful of rose water.
- A glass of liquid milk.
- A cup of liquid cream.
- A cup of white flour.
- a cup of starch;
- a teaspoon of sugar.
- big spoon of flowers water.
- A cup of chopped hazelnuts.
- A cup of coconut.
- A cup of raisins.
- A tablespoon of cinnamon.
How to prepare
- To prepare the dough:
- To prepare the cream filling:
- To prepare the nut filling:
- We grab the Qatayef disk, stuff it with the filling we want, and close the Qatayef on both sides, until the Qatayef becomes a boat, and we complete this method on all Qatayef disks.
- Put the oil in a deep frying pan, and fry the stuffed qatayef, and when the qatayef turns golden, remove it from the oil, and drain it from the oil.
- We put the Qatayef inside the country, and put it on a suitable plate for serving.
- We put in the electric mixer the white flour, semolina, sugar, baking powder, yeast, water, salt and rose water, and run the mixer on medium speed, until we have a cohesive and liquid dough.
- Leave the dough in a warm place for at least three hours, until it rests and ferments, stirring it from time to time, to empty the bubbles that form on the face of the dough when it begins to ferment.
- Heat the saj on a medium heat, and when it becomes very hot, we prepare a large tray, and put a clean cotton cloth inside it.
- We pour the dough in circles and quietly on the hot sheet, until it becomes like a disk, and leave it without moving or stirring, and redden it on one side, and on the other it is in the form of bubbles, and we repeat this method until the dough is finished.
- Put it on a piece of cloth and cover it.
- Put in a deep bowl the cream, flour, milk, starch and sugar, and stir all the ingredients well using a hand mixer, until the starch and sugar dissolve.
- Place the pot over a medium heat, until the mixture comes to a boil, and becomes thick and thick.
- Leave the cream for three minutes on the fire, until we have a coherent and homogeneous mixture, and leave the cream until it cools.
- In a large bowl, put the walnuts, hazelnuts, cinnamon and raisins, and mix all the ingredients well.
Fried Qatayef Method