It is a small, unobtrusive light brown spots that appear on the skin exposed to the sun, and it is more common among people with white skin and red hair, and freckles are not harmful, and it does not develop into skin cancer, and the direct cause of its appearance is exposure to ultraviolet rays Violet, and usually disappears in the winter, however any strange, or colored spots accompanied by symptoms should be examined by a dermatologist. There are different treatments for freckles, some of which are medical, and some are natural.
Freckle removal methods
Among the ways to remove and avoid freckles are:
- Protect the skin from exposure to the sun: by using a sunscreen that contains a protection factor of 30 or more, as the sunscreen will not rid the skin of the freckles on it, but it helps prevent their appearance. Also, sunscreen should always be worn, even in winter.
- The use of medical creams: such as the hydroquinone cream that is given by prescription, and the retinoid cream, or what is known as the vitamin A complex; It is used to reduce freckles, treat sun-damaged skin, and prevent freckles from reappearing. When using this cream, some common side effects may appear: dryness, redness, skin irritation, scaling, or sensitivity.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels get rid of freckles; Where chemical peeling depends on the use of a chemical solution such as glycolic acid to exfoliate the damaged skin, which has freckle spots; Where this acid penetrates to the middle layers of the skin, removing damaged skin, forming new cells. It takes two weeks for the results of peeling to appear on the skin, during which it requires avoiding exposure to the sun, using an ointment on a daily basis, and some antiviral medications. Some side effects of peeling may appear, which include: burning, redness, irritation, scaling, or swelling in the skin.
- Laser therapy: Laser therapy uses pulses of intense, focused light on the affected areas of the skin. It is generally safe. The skin needs two weeks after it to recover from its effects, and treatment with it requires several sessions, and the possibility of scars appearing after undergoing it is very small. However, some other side effects may occur, such as redness, scaling, infection, or changes in skin color.
- Refer to the specialist doctor: in the event that changes in the size, color, or shape of the freckles are noticed, as the doctor in this case will choose the appropriate treatment, and diagnose the severity of the freckles or not.
- Sunscreen should be applied a quarter of an hour before going out.
- The sunscreen should be renewed every two hours and should be applied after swimming, or after heavy sweating.
Natural recipes for the treatment of freckles
The above methods can be very expensive, so freckles can be easily eliminated by trying many natural remedies at home. Such as:
Lemon juice is also an effective ingredient for treating freckles and brown spots. It has lightening properties that whiten dark spots, and its method is:
- How to prepare:
- Another way: by cutting a lemon in half, and sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar on it. The skin is rubbed gently for a few minutes, then washed with water. Repeat this once or twice a week on a regular basis.
- Apply lemon juice to the affected skin, massaging it gently.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat twice a day to get a beneficial result.
Honey is an excellent treatment for freckles. Because it contains enzymes that help lighten skin color, in addition to being a natural moisturizer for the skin, its method is:
- the components:
- How to prepare:
- Another way: A little wheat germ can be mixed with warm honey, and placed on the affected area for 10 minutes, then rinsed with warm water, then rinsed again with cold water. Repeat this two or three times a week for a few months. Where this method is one of the most useful ways to get rid of freckles.
- A little honey.
- a little water
- Mix honey and water, then heat it slightly in the microwave.
- Apply to the affected area and leave for a few minutes.
- Rinse well with warm water.
- Repeat this daily for several weeks.
Onion is used to remove freckles and brown spots; Because it contains sulfur, which has an exfoliating property. For best results, it is recommended to use red onions. And the way is:
- Ingredients: red onion.
- How to prepare:
- Another way: by grating an onion, and placing the grated onion on the affected skin twice a day. You can add a teaspoon of vinegar to get the best results, and continue this treatment daily for a week or two.
- Cut the onion into thick slices.
- Gently rub the strips on the freckle spots twice daily, and continue to do so until the freckle spots disappear.
Castor oil helps treat freckles and restore skin tone. For best results, choose pure, cold-pressed castor oil, which is tasteless and odorless. And the way is:
- How to prepare:
- Another way: Use vitamin E oil, or olive oil to get rid of freckles, and other impurities instead of castor oil.
- Castor oil is applied to the affected skin before bedtime.
- The next morning, wipe it with a thin tissue, then rinse the skin with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this treatment daily until the freckles are eliminated.
- ↑ William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR , “Freckles”, www.medicinenet.com, Retrieved 4-6-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “Freckles: Remedies, Causes, and More”, www.healthline.com, Retrieved 5-6-2018. Edited.
- ^ a b c c “Home Remedies to Get Rid Of Freckles”, www.top10homeremedies.com, Retrieved 5-6-2017. Edited.
Freckle removal method