Flores Island is one of the Indonesian islands located within the Lesser Sunda Islands (Nusa Tenggara Province), located east of the island of Java, and its capital is Kupang. In 2010, the city of Maumere is the largest city on the island, and the word Flores in Portuguese means flowers, and it is one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Indonesia.
Flores is located east of Sumbawa and Komodo, to the west lies the island of Limbata and the Alor archipelago, to the southeast is Timor, to the south is the island of Sumba, and to the north is the island of Sulawesi, across the Flores Sea.
The most important tourist sites in Flores
kelly moto lakes
- The first lake: It is located east of the mountain, and its name means in the local language of the inhabitants of Flores Lake (Enchanted).
- The second middle lake: the meaning of its name in the local language is also the Lake of Youth, and it is connected to the first and second lakes, with one mouth, meaning that they are adjacent in the place, but separated by a rocky barrier resembling a wall.
- The third western lake: The meaning of its name in the language of the residents there is the elderly or the sane, and it is separate from the other lakes.
West Labuan Bajo Village
Tourist activities in Flores
- Swimming in lakes and crystal waterfalls.
- scuba diving; There are more than fifty diving sites on the island.
- Kayaking between the rocky coasts.
- Take a tour of the mysterious caves.
- Visiting heritage sites belonging to prehistoric times; Any eras preceding the advent of writing.
- Enjoy the sea world in Flores; Such as watching dolphins and dugongs, as well as seeing whales on their migration journey from one marine dwelling to another.