drink sparkling vitamin c before bed, And what are the most important benefits of this vitamin before bed, and what are its most important effects for health, as vitamin C is considered one of the most important vitamins necessary for the health of the body, and it can be obtained from natural sources such as some types of vegetables and fruits, and vitamin C deficiency greatly affects human health, and from During the VistaBuzz, you will be introduced to drinking sparkling vitamin C before bed, Its most important benefits for the health of the body, and when it is preferable to take sparkling vitamin C.
What is Vitamin C
It is also called ascorbic acid, and it is one of the types of water-soluble vitamins and it is one of the vitamins that is very necessary for the growth and proper functioning of the cells of the body, as this vitamin dissolves in water and is absorbed by the body and transported to its cells, and this type of vitamin cannot be stored in the body, Therefore, taking it on a daily basis through food or supplements is necessary for the health of the body, and this vitamin was discovered in 1932, when doctors noticed that a food substance found in oranges and lemons could cure scurvy, which contributed to the killing of millions of sailors during three hundred years, as this The vitamin improves the health of the immune system and improves the health of the skin. It also prevents inflammation and infection and helps the body speed up healing. It is also rich in antioxidants.
Drink sparkling vitamin C before bed
Vitamin C is a very important nutrient and vitamin for the health of the body, and it is one of the vitamins that dissolve in water. For vitamin C supplements, there are some important tips when taking it as follows:
- Vitamin C can be taken before bed and it does not cause harm to humans, but it is not recommended to take it directly before bed because this can lead to an increase in the body’s activity and a person’s sense of vitality, which leads to difficulties and problems in sleeping, in addition to the inability of the body to absorb it in the optimal amount.
- Vitamin C supplements can be taken throughout the day and there is no specific time to take them, and they can be taken after meals, before meals, or during the meal.
- For the sake of stomach health, it is preferable to take vitamin C supplements with food because this can contribute to protecting the stomach from its damage, because it may cause a rise in harmful stomach acids that affect the stomach lining.
- It is preferable to take vitamin C on an empty stomach before eating to improve its absorption by the body, so it is preferable to take vitamin C supplements in the early morning, about an hour before breakfast, so that the body can benefit from it in the greatest quantity.
- Vitamin C supplements can be taken during the day, but it is preferable to take it before a meal for a period of no less than an hour so that the body absorbs the largest amount of it.
- It is preferable to get vitamin C from fruits and vegetables, and it is preferable to eat them raw without cooking or cooking them in small amounts of water so that vitamin C does not dissolve in water and vegetables lose their properties.
How much vitamin C does the body need?
The body’s need for vitamin C varies according to age, and the following is the daily need for vitamin C according to age:
|From birth to 6 months of age||40 mg||40 mg|
|From seven months to 12 months||50 mg||50 mg|
|From one to three years||15 mg||15 mg|
|4 to 8 years old||25 mg||25mg|
|From 9 years to 13 years||45 mg||45 mg|
|14 to 19 years old||75mg||65 mg and 80 mg during pregnancy and 115 mg when breastfeeding|
|over 19 years old||90mg||75 mg, 85 mg for pregnant women, 120 mg when breastfeeding|
See also: My Experience with Vitamin C Serum for Face
What foods contain vitamin C?
By drinking a glass of orange juice or half a cup of pepper a day, you can get the body’s sufficient need of vitamin C, but there are other group of foods that can contain vitamin C in large quantities, such as:
- Cantaloupe, where one cup contains 59 mg.
- Orange juice where one cup contains 97 mg.
- Cooked broccoli, one cup contains 74 mg.
- Red cabbage: ½ cup contains 40 mg.
- Green pepper: Half a cup contains 60 mg.
- Red pepper: ½ cup contains 95 mg.
- Kiwi contains one medium 70 mg.
- Orange juice, one cup contains 45 mg.
Why does the body need vitamin C?
Vitamin C has a very important role in the functioning of a group of major functions in the body, such as:
- Activating the enzymes lysyl and prolyl hydroxylase that work on the production of collagen within skin cells, accelerating the healing of skin wounds and thus protecting the health of the skin and skin cells.
- It contributes to the production of very important carnitine molecules, which are necessary for the absorption and digestion of fats.
- Contributes to the production of substances for neurotransmitters.
- Contributes to the activation of carnitine and catecholamines.
- Vitamin C contains antioxidants. These elements remove all the remnants of free radicals and all the elements that cause cell damage. It has also been shown that with its properties, it can fight chronic diseases that affect humans such as cancer, heart and arteries diseases.
- Vitamin C helps protect cells from being damaged by the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
- Vitamin C protects the body from infection by increasing the activity and strength of the immune system, and also improves iron absorption and entry into cells.
See also: The best vitamins for anti-aging
The role of vitamin C in maintaining a healthy body
Vitamin C performs a number of very important functions for the health of the body, including:
- Vitamin C contributes to protecting the body from infections, relieving their symptoms, and accelerating the repair of the skin and rejuvenating its structure after injury.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that can stop free radicals and prevent them from forming, which contributes to the formation of collagen protein that forms the basis of connective tissues in the skin, bones and cartilage.
- Vitamin C contributes to the production of important natural substances such as the formation of vitamins and chemicals that are used in nerve cells.
- Vitamin C is necessary for the normal growth and reproduction of all cells of the body, such as the tissues of teeth, bones and joints.
- Vitamin C contributes to protecting cells from harmful chemicals found in environmental pollutants and tobacco, whose accumulation in cells can lead to random cell divisions, cancer, and chronic diseases such as cardiovascular and joint diseases.
- Vitamin C helps control high blood pressure levels and maintain a healthy heart.
- Vitamin C contributes to protecting the health of neurons, revitalizing the brain, and improving learning and memory levels.
What is the role of vitamin C in disease prevention?
Recent studies have shown that there is a group of diseases that vitamin C can contribute to the prevention of a range of diseases:
- Fatigue and tirednessVitamin C deficiency is associated with a range of diseases that cause fatigue and exhaustion, and recent studies say that taking vitamin C can contribute to reducing stress levels and improving mood.
- Cold and influenza: Where vitamin C contributes to raising the body’s immunity to diseases, which helps the body to resist diseases and their complications such as pneumonia.
- brain attack: Vitamin C contributes to the prevention of stroke by nearly half, recent studies have found that people who eat vegetables and fruits have a reduced risk of brain disease.
- Skin cell damage and skin agingScientific studies have shown that eating large amounts of vitamin C can contribute to reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the face, and it can also increase the moisture and health of the skin.
- chronic diseasesVitamin C contributes to reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as heart and brain diseases and improving symptoms of macular degeneration.
- Other diseasesStudies have shown that vitamin C can be used to treat other diseases such as breast cancer and scurvy, and it is also used to treat autism, in addition to curing COVID-19.
See also: Symptoms of vitamin C deficiency … Causes of vitamin C deficiency
Disadvantages of taking an overdose of vitamin C
Vitamin C is one of the vitamins that dissolve in water, so taking large amounts of vitamin C can not affect the health of the body, as excess amounts of vitamin C are excreted through the urine, but large doses more than 2000 and 200 mg per day can cause the following symptoms:
- Digestive symptoms such as vomiting and nausea.
- Intestinal cramping and diarrhea.
- Stomach pain, cramping, and increased acid secretions in the stomach.
- Headache and difficulty sleeping.
- High amounts of oxalate and uric acid in patients with kidney disease, liver disease, or joint problems.
- Tissue damage, especially in patients who take iron supplements or in patients with hemochromatosis, because vitamin C increases iron absorption.
- Low levels of vitamin B12 and levels of other minerals in the body, such as copper.
- Erosion in the outer layer of teeth and the appearance of an allergic reaction on the skin.
Symptoms of Vitamin C deficiency
Although vitamin C deficiency is not very common because vitamin C is adequately absorbed from food, a lack of vitamin C from the body can cause scurvy, a disease that causes thinning and weak skin to feel tired and tired, and the fragility of connective tissues such as gum tissue. Vitamin C deficiency is also consistent with anemia, blue bruises on the skin, bleeding and weak teeth.
See also: The benefits of vitamin C for the skin and the most important main sources of vitamin C
Risk factors for vitamin C deficiency
There are a number of factors that increase the risk of developing a vitamin C deficiency, such as:
- Smoking Smoking increases the gym’s need for vitamin C by an additional 35 mg.
- Pregnancy and lactation cases.
- Lack of variety in the diet or eating a lot of prepared foods.
- Genes that may increase the body’s tendency to excrete it,
- Do strenuous exercise.
- Metabolic diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high weight.
- Adults and those with feeding problems.
In the end, the question was answered Drink sparkling vitamin C before bedAlso, vitamin C and its most important benefits for the health of the body were identified, including mentioning the most important diseases that vitamin C contributes to preventing, the daily need of vitamin C, the most important foods that contain vitamin C and the harms of eating a lot of vitamin C.
hsph.harvard.edu , Vitamin C , 22/2/2022
news-medical.net , How Much Vitamin C Should I Take? , 22/2/2022
webmd.com , The Benefits of Vitamin C , 22/2/2022
healthline.com , 7 Impressive Ways Vitamin C Benefits Your Body , 22/2/2022