Microsoft had some really memorable games on Windows 7. Games like Solitaire, FreeCell, Mahjong and Classic Chess Titans were usually played. People in most parts of the world are either familiar with it or are able to learn it easily enough. Not only were these games removed in later versions of Windows 10, but they were deprecated and replaced with games that no one wanted.
Table of contents
Classic Chess Titans on Windows 10
There is no shortage of online chess, mobile chess (try Tall Chess) or offline chess games that allow users to play against the computer but Chess Titans is still sorely missing.
Chess Titans was one of the many games that Microsoft developed and launched as a trading app on Windows 10. It gave users the option to play against the computer, or as another human, provided the human is physically present, and you can play either as white or as black.
Read also: How to download genuine Microsoft FreeCell on Windows 10
Download and install Chess Titans on Windows
Since Microsoft has discontinued Chess Titans and all other games bundled in Windows 7, the only way to download them is from third-party repositories. There are a lot of third party software repositories that carry gams messages but you should always check the file before playing it, in case it is malicious.
- Download from here.
- Allow the file to download.
- Once downloaded, run the EXE.
- Choose your language.
- Select the games you want to install. This game is called “Chess” in the game selection menu.
- Click Next, and allow the game to install.
Play Chess Titans on Windows 10
To play Chess on Windows 10, follow these steps.
- Open Chess Titans from the Apps menu in the Start menu.
- By default, the user plays the role of white and against the computer.
- Go to the game on the menu bar and choose a different player type and/or opponent type to play.
- Go to Game > Options to change in-game behavior, eg. Difficulty level, quality of graphics, animations, sounds, etc.
- Go to Game > Change Appearance and select a different style of board and pieces.
Note: You can quit the game at any time. The game can be saved and resumed when you have time to play next time, or you can ignore it and start a new game whenever you want.
Chess Titans is simple to play. It may not have the best board and game design, but it’s usually hard to find non-interlaced games. Games tend to come with complex menus, a long list of features that have nothing to do with the game, and more bells and whistles than is necessary for chess. The design is really the only failure of Chess Titans and it’s not likely to go away as new skins for it won’t be developed but still a great game to play on a quiet day,