Quick access to:
Determining your level of English is very important if you want to apply for a specific job or if you want to apply for a scholarship, whether for university or postgraduate studies, such as masters and doctorates. You will need a certificate such as TOEFL or IELTS certificate to be able to apply for these various jobs or scholarships, especially if these opportunities are outside your country and outside your native language. Therefore, in this article, we show you the Oxford website for language testing. And it gives you an overview of your level in the language to know which parts you want and need to improve in the language. Read on to learn more about the site
Determine your English language level with Oxford Online
The site is very simple, very fast and very direct. You do not need to tell you what to do. You enter. The test begins. Answer all the test questions and your result will appear at the end as well. The tests are divided into 4 basic skills, which are the basic skills for IELTS and TOEFL, which are listening, reading, writing and language skills. For the IELTS and TOEFL exams, you need these four skills to get a high score. Let’s talk about the details of the exams, which all consist of 124 different questions
- Listening Level Test
- The Listening Exam The exam gives you 6 audio clips that you can listen to. Each section is a small voice conversation. After listening to each section, you have 4 questions on the section that must be answered
- Vocabulary Level Test
- Vocabulary test to be able to assess your vocabulary and your knowledge of vocabulary structures specific to the language and it consists of 40 questions to answer them
- Grammar Level Test
- Also, 40 questions to answer that test your knowledge of the grammar of the English language and the different tenses and your awareness of the interconnectedness between simple and complex sentences.
- Reading Level Test
- The same idea of cutting English language exams in schools, but with the difference that you get a piece of 500 words here to read and then answer the questions. As a tip from me, you get used to reading the piece superficially and then respond so that you don’t take time to read the piece. Because your number one enemy on the IELTS or TOEFL reading test is reading the relatively long piece that takes up almost all of your time.
Other features of the site
- The site gives you an assessment of your English language level within levels (A1 / A2 / B1 / B2 / C1 / C2).
- The site gives you the correct answers for your exam after you finish it
- The site also explains the rules and answers, so you can better understand your mistakes
- The site offers paid lessons, but we can’t easily filter them
The importance of your level of English
Your English language level, as we said, is important in applying for a job or a scholarship, so that you can determine if you are able to enter the IELTS or TOEFL test and predict somewhat your own test result. So you can get this opportunity you offer. Therefore it is not a bad thing to test yourself on basic and simple tests before progressing yourself to the basic test. I’ll leave the website link below for you to enter