The Companions were interested in the Noble Qur’an and memorized everything that came with it verse by verse, surah by surah, letter by letter, and so did everyone who followed the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, and everyone who came after him until he reached us preserved from distortion and alteration, just as they paid attention to all the sayings of the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him. And his actions, imitate him, and preserve everything that he came with, for he is the truthful and informant of God Almighty, just as he, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, is commanded by God and is infallible. The Almighty said: ((And he does not speak out of whims* that he is nothing but a revelation that is revealed))
When the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, gave a sermon in the Farewell Pilgrimage, he commanded that everything he said should be conveyed, so the Muslims knew that they must memorize everything that was issued by him, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, and in fact they did that as they narrated hadiths from him, either mutawaatir in wording and meaning, or in meaning only, or well-known. Or with authentic, established chains of transmission, and they followed him in his attributes and behavior, to the extent that some of the Companions followed the way he walked, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him.
Definition of the hadith
It is everything that was reported from the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, of saying, deed, declaring, or a moral or ethical characteristic.
Following the Sunnah of the Messenger, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, is considered an obligation on Muslims, in which the Muslim earns more reward from God Almighty.
The importance of the hadith
- Interpretation of the commands and legislation that came in the Holy Qur’an. For example, prayer commanded God Almighty to adhere to it and perform it, but he did not detail the number of its rak’ahs, its conditions, provisions, dates, and the method of ablution, but the Messenger, may God bless him and grant him peace, explained to Muslims everything that revolves around it and taught them the correct way.
- Earning pay and reward, and worshiping God Almighty as He commanded and as He likes, so whoever reads the honorable prophetic hadiths will find how to worship God and ways to gain His approval, reward and reward.
Types of hadith
The hadiths that were narrated from the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, were classified into types according to the narrator and the methods of his narration. The number of these types reached sixty-five, and the most famous of these types are:
- The Sahih Hadith: It is the chained hadith that was transmitted in all those who narrated it on the authority of justice from its beginning to its end, and it is neither abnormal nor reasoned.
- Hasan hadeeth: It is someone who is not accused of lying in its chain of transmission, and the hadith is not abnormal, and this is Al-Tirmidhi’s definition of a good hadith.
- Weak hadith: It is every hadith that lacks the characteristics of a saheeh hadeeth and a good hadith.
Definition of the hadith