Varieties of zakat al-fitr
A Muslim pays his zakat al-fitr from the food of the people of the country. That is, the food that people eat: such as wheat, lentils, beans, corn, rice, meat, chickpeas, and the like. And the jurists of the Hanafi school went to say that it is permissible to pay zakat al-Fitr in cash. As for the majority of jurists, they went to the fact that it must be given out of food, as the Messenger – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – and his companions did.
Amount and time of zakat al-fitr
The obligatory amount of zakat al-Fitr is a saa’, and what is meant is a saa’ of the people of Medina in the time of the Messenger, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, and it is approximately equal to the prophet’s saa’: three liters and two hundred and eighty milliliters. As for its estimation by weight; It is an approximation; Where the food does not adjust when it is put into the saa’ with the aforementioned accuracy, It is obligatory for the Muslim to pay zakat al-fitr at sunset on the night of Eid. This is the time for al-Fitr in Ramadan, and the time for paying this zakat has two times. One is a time of virtue; It is in the morning before the Eid prayer, and the second time is permissible. And it is one or two days before the day of Eid. As for delaying it for the Eid prayer after the prayer, it is not permissible, if it is performed after the prayer. It is charity, not zakat al-fitr.
Wisdom of Zakat Al-Fitr
Zakat al-Fitr is a purification for the fasting person from the idle or obscene words that he committed in his fast. Thus, it raises the disruption of fasting, and it is a food for the needy, so it spares them from asking people on the day of Eid, and brings happiness to their hearts, so the day of Eid will be a day of joy and happiness for all groups, and in zakat al-Fitr is sympathy for Muslims, rich and poor, so that they devote themselves to worshiping God and enjoying His blessings, and obtaining it The alms giver will have the reward and reward if it is paid to the one who deserves it in its specific time, and it contains zakat for the body that God has blessed him with survival, and in that the male and female, young and old, free and slave, rich and poor and others are equal in the required amount; Which is the saa’.
- ↑ “Types of foods that are given in zakat al-fitr”, islamqa.info, 9-26-2008, accessed on February 24, 2019 act.
- ↑ “Zakat al-Fitr is a saa’ of the country’s food”, binbaz.org.sa, accessed on February 24, 2019. act.
- ↑ “The ruling on taking out money in the charity of al-Fitr”, aliftaa.jo, 7-18-2012, accessed on 9-3-2019. act.
- ↑ “Zakat al-Fitr”, ar.islamway.net, 7-14-2015, accessed on 24-2-2019. act.
- ↑ Ahmed Abdel Rahman (8-29-2011), “Zakat al-Fitr”, www.alukah.net, accessed on February 24, 2019. act.
- ↑ Abdullah bin Radi Al-Muaidi Al-Shammari, “The Brief on the Provisions of Zakat Al-Fitr”, www.saaid.net, accessed on 12-24-2019. act.
The best zakat al-fitr