water and children
Water is one of the most important blessings that God Almighty has bestowed upon us, as it is the basis of life, God has subjugated it to us to meet our needs, and the benefits of water are manifold for man from his childhood to his old age, specialists have unanimously agreed that man needs large quantities of water. In the field of nutritional awareness for the growth of children, several basic and important elements for the child’s body are discussed, to strengthen the immune system and build its muscles; They advise to provide the child with foods that contain vitamins, proteins, and calcium important for building the skeleton and teeth, in addition to eating foods rich in magnesium because of its great importance for the vital functions in their bodies, and care must be taken to give them these elements in sufficient quantities on a daily and regular basis, which they have been keen on, and among the things they have been keen on, The child has adequate amounts of water.
Benefits of water for children
Water has many benefits for children’s health, including:
- Strengthens and activates memory, and helps to complete brain development in the correct form.
- Promotes digestion.
- It reduces the incidence of constipation.
- Stimulates blood circulation.
- It delivers nutrients and oxygen to the cells of the body.
- Regulates body temperature.
- Maintains the balance of salts in the body.
- Washes the body, and purifies it of toxins and impurities.
- It purifies the blood, and the kidneys.
- Prevents dehydration in children.
- It helps to follow a diet to lose excess weight.
- Regulates the biological clock of the child’s body, and regulates the vital functions; Which leads to the disposal of signs of insomnia, and cases of unorganized sleep for children.
- stimulates the energy production of the child; Which helps prepare to exert the necessary energy to do physical exercises.
Tips for children drinking water
Important tips for children to drink water include:
- Encouraging the child to drink water in appropriate quantities, and this matter is positive in the child’s life and important for his health.
- Not to be bound by a certain amount of water for children, but it is preferable to drink it sporadically throughout the day.
- Add a little lemon juice, or lemon acid to a quantity of water in case the child does not like the taste of water.
- Eat vegetables and fruits, as they are an important source of water.
- Excessive consumption of water in case of illness or in cases of extreme heat, or when performing physical activities.
- Provide the child with water according to his age.
- Drink more water in cases of severe diarrhea.
- Drink other liquids in addition to water, such as: milk, juices.
Note: Drinking large amounts of water by children may be an indication of the possibility of childhood diabetes; Therefore, it is recommended to monitor the amounts of water the child drinks and to see a doctor to diagnose the condition.
- ↑ Jen Laskey, “The Health Benefits of Water”, www.everydayhealth.com, Retrieved 17-10-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “Water and your body – info for kids”, www.cyh.com, Retrieved 10-17-2018. Edited.
- ^ AP Taylor Wolfram, “Water: How Much Do Kids Need?”, www.eatright.org, Retrieved 10-17-2018. Edited.
Benefits of water for children