Enhance their skills
Parents can enhance their child’s different skills by urging him to play with sand, as playing in sand contributes to enhancing each of the following skills:
- Motor skills: Playing in the sand helps strengthen the child’s fine motor skills, such as the skills needed to use a small shovel to play, pull a truck, or build a castle or trench.
- Sensory skills: By burying themselves in the sand, children can feel their physical position in the sand, or feel their bodies in relation to space.
- Language skills: The child’s language skills can be enhanced by writing on sand, and parents can benefit from this language play by asking children questions.
- Social skills: Playing with sand enhances the child’s ability to solve problems, share, and communicate, because playing with sand provides a limited amount of space and games that children have to share in order to build a castle together.
Build attention and focus
Playing with sand helps build interest and concentration in the child, as children generally have difficulty concentrating on one task for more than a few minutes, while they can do this through playing with sand, as playing with sand provides children with an opportunity to do a variety of different things. Within the same single activity, and thus expands their range of interests, for example, children can play with trucks through the sand, then move to dig in the sand, and then start building a castle together, and in general, doing these activities helps to enhance the child’s focus, and improves and enhances their operations cognitive.
Other benefits of playing with sand
There are many other benefits that children can get by playing with sand, including:
- Recognize the properties of sand and water by touching, forming, and digging.
- Strengthening the muscles of their bodies as a result of their movement around the sand.
- Enhance their ability to work with others by participating in play.
- Increase their creativity.
- ↑ “Sand Play: Nature’s Etch-a-Sketch”, www.pathways.org, Retrieved 26-7-2018. Edited.
- ↑ Natasha Zoller (5-31-2018), “5 BENEFITS OF PLAYING IN THE SAND”, www.bonnybabeschildcare.com.au, Retrieved 26-7-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “Play idea: Sand – Kirikiri”, www.education.govt.nz, Retrieved 26-7-2018. Edited.
Benefits of playing with sand for a child