Animal products in general are among the most important main nutrients that a large group of people around the world depend on, and are mainly represented in all types of meat, including both red meat, which includes beef, meat of buffaloes, lamb and deer, as well as white meat such as chicken. Fish and seafood are used in preparing many dishes, whether eastern or western.
Red meat has many benefits for the health of the pregnant woman, as it has a distinct and very high nutritional value, and is rich in protein, vitamins, mineral elements and carbohydrates, which makes it a suitable food for women during this period, to ensure the physical strength of the mother, and the good growth of the fetus, and below we will mention its most prominent benefits As well as some damages resulting from cases of excessive consumption.
Benefits of meat for pregnant women
- Red meat in particular contains a very high percentage of the essential elements for the health of the pregnant woman, especially the iron element, which is directly responsible for the formation of hemoglobin in the blood, and the production of red blood cells, which enhances the strength of the blood, and prevents the anemia that afflicts pregnant women, especially after childbirth; As a result of losing a large amount of blood during this process.
- It contains important carbohydrate elements, and the mineral potassium, which thus prevents high blood sugar, and prevents the problem of gestational diabetes.
- Strengthens the body, and prevents the feeling of fatigue and physical exhaustion.
- Some types of meat contain calcium that strengthens bones and muscles, which protects against osteoporosis in pregnant women.
- It is considered one of the richest types of meat in proteins, which is the basis for strengthening the structure of the body and ensuring its proper growth, which gives the mother exceptional strength.
- It contains zinc, which is responsible for many vital processes in the body, as it strengthens the senses, including: the sense of smell, improves metabolism, and enhances immunity in the body.
- It also helps to heal wounds and heal quickly, especially those resulting from the birth process.
- It improves the mood and prevents severe depression and anxiety, which affects a high percentage of pregnant women; Because it contains a high percentage of omega-3 acid.
The benefits of meat for the fetus
The benefits of meat are not limited to the health of pregnant women only, but it is considered very useful for fetuses, as its benefits are:
- It is one of the most important nutrients directly responsible for the formation of the various cells of the body, which makes it the basis for the formation of the cells and tissues of the fetus.
- Strengthens brain functions, ensuring distinctive mental abilities, such as intelligence, comprehension, and understanding.
- It ensures the proper physical development of the fetus, because it contains calcium.
Disadvantages of meat for pregnant women
Although meat is rich in protein necessary for both the pregnant woman and the fetus, it is recommended to eat it in moderate quantities, in order to avoid the bad complications associated with excessive cases, such as:
- High harmful cholesterol, especially if you focus on eating red meat that contains a high percentage of fat.
- Infection of a pregnant woman with toxoplasmosis, by eating undercooked foods, and this disease may be transmitted to the fetus through the placenta.
- nervous system disorder;
- Inflammation of the kidneys.
- High level of urea in the blood.
- Increased level of uric acid in the blood, and gout.
- Having some intestinal problems.
- food poisoning, which results from eating fish and seafood; Because it contains a high level of mercury.
Benefits of meat for pregnant women