The Colosseum (English: Colosseum) is one of the most famous monuments in Italy; It is a huge amphitheater that can accommodate nearly fifty thousand spectators; Its dimensions are 190 m x 155 m. It is also built of stone and concrete, and its external facade was designed in the form of three floors of arched entrances, numbering up to eighty entrances, which were carried on semi-circular columns. Roman emperor Vespasian between the years 70-72AD, and wrestling and fighting games were shown.
Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore
The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (Italian: Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore) is located in the Italian city of Florence, and is known as (The Duomo), knowing that it took one hundred and forty years to build; The dimensions of the church are 90 meters in height, 90 meters in width and 153 meters in length, and thus Santa Maria is the third largest cathedral in the world, and it also has the largest stone dome in the world, which took sixteen years to complete.
The Trevi Fountain (English: Trevi Fountain) is famous for being a masterpiece of dancing art designed by Nicola Salvi and Giuseppe Panini in the Baroque style in the year one thousand seven hundred and sixty-two. A statue, on its sides are statues of legendary figures, in addition to the natural rock formations.
The Pantheon (English: Pantheon) was built during the reign of Hadrian in the year one hundred and twenty-five AD, and it is a building designed in the classical style so that the building rises on a base of 1.3 m, knowing that it consists of two parts:
- The Balcony: The balcony, which reaches a height of 11.8 m, consists of eight front columns, and it is of a Corinthian style, and its dimensions are (33.1 x 13.6 m).
- The Round Building: It is distinguished by its dome, which is 43.2 m high, and in the middle of it is an ornate circular opening, covered with bronze, with a diameter of 8.8 m. It is above the Round Hall.
Leaning Tower of Pisa
The Leaning Tower of Pisa (English: Leaning Tower of Pisa) rises by fifty-six meters, where it is possible to navigate its levels by means of a spiral staircase, which consists of 294 degrees, noting that the tower tilts by 5.5 degrees, and this tilt is explained by its construction in soft, ground Which caused instability in the foundations of the building.
- ↑ “Colosseum”, www.history.com,9-3-2018, Retrieved 9-3-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Nikki Crowell (22-10-2017), “Interesting Facts About Florence Cathedral”, theculturetrip.com, Retrieved 9-3-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Amy Tikkanen (2-12-2016), “Trevi Fountain”, www.britannica.com, Retrieved 10-3-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Mark Cartwright (9-4-2018), “Pantheon”, www.ancient.eu, Retrieved 10-3-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Gloria Lotha (17-11-2017), “Leaning Tower of Pisa”, www.britannica.com, Retrieved 10-3-2019. Edited.