1200 calorie diet how much does it go down? This is how some people ask questions about the 1200-calorie diet, and we can say that it is a somewhat harsh diet, as it requires a very large reduction in calories, so it is always recommended to refer to the doctor in order to preserve the health of the body.
What is a 1200 calorie diet?
Some may be ignorant of the 1200-calorie diet, but it is one of the most important diets that can be resorted to to lose excess weight, especially since it depends on restricting the number of calories that a person receives on a daily basis. Eating all foods provided that the number of calories is controlled so that it does not exceed 1200 calories.
1200 calorie diet how much does it go down?
A 1200-calorie diet helps reduce a large percentage of excess weight in a short period of time, as it loses more than 4% of body fat in just one month, and many scientific studies have proven that a healthy diet consists of 1200 calories per day. Helps to lose more than 15 kilograms per month.
It is worth noting that this diet helps curb appetite for a long period of time, and thus the body quickly gets rid of excess fat, which is difficult for many to lose because it is hard fat.
Read also: How many calories are in fruits?
Diet meals 1200 calories
If you want to follow a 1200-calorie diet, there are many meals that you are allowed to eat during this healthy diet, and these meals are as follows:
You can divide the following meals over several days, to choose each day your favorite meal, and so on with lunch and dinner:
- Only one boiled egg.
- One cup of berries – or oats – or a banana.
- A piece of cottage cheese with a glass of strawberry juice.
- A slice of whole-grain bread or toast, with a small piece of peanut butter.
- One cup of natural yogurt, with sugar-free raspberry juice.
- A quarter of a grilled chicken, with one cup of fresh broccoli.
- A large piece of grilled salmon, with a small cup of sweet potatoes.
- A medium-sized plate of lentil soup, or fresh vegetables.
- One large cup of well-cooked steamed vegetables, with ½ cup of brown rice.
- 3 small cups of vegetable salad with a tablespoon of white vinegar.
- One slice of wholegrain bread, with one medium avocado.
- 3 tablespoons of cooked salmon, with 1 cup of sugar-free lemon juice.
- A medium-sized piece of grilled meat, with one cup of natural wheat pasta.
- Only two fruits of any fresh fruit.
- A plate of fruit salad, or fresh vegetables.
Read also: How can I lose weight without dieting?
Diet snacks 1200 calories
The 1200-calorie diet includes a lot of permitted snacks, as you can eat them without an increase in calories or accumulation in body fat. These snacks are as follows:
- A dish consisting of one egg white with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- A paste of egg whites with a spoonful of butter.
- One whole-grain muffin, with a tablespoon of peanuts.
- One cup of black beans is completely free of harmful fats.
- A small piece of grilled turkey, with a cup of cooked lentils or spinach.
- A quarter of a grilled chicken, with slices of avocado.
- A cup of fruit salad, with a piece of delicious burger.
- Beef rolls, with 3 slices of tomato.
- A small piece of grilled chicken, with a cup of chopped celery.
- A cup of yogurt, with one slice of apple.
- A piece of cauliflower, with one piece of meat.
- 3 tablespoons of rice, with a small piece of grilled fish.
- A plate of vegetable salad, or fresh fruits, as desired.
Read also: How much does the intermittent fasting diet lose weight in a week?
Benefits of a 1200 calorie diet
A 1200-calorie diet brings many benefits, so some people who are overweight resort to it, and among its most important benefits are the following:
- Helps lose excess weight.
- It prevents the risk of many serious diseases.
- It increases the life span of many people, as a result of double the number of calories.
- It is allowed to eat many foods, which do not fit with many other diets.
Disadvantages of a 1200 calorie diet
Despite the many benefits that the 1200-calorie diet achieves, it leads to some damages or negatives, including the following:
- Constant feeling of nausea.
- Constant feeling of hunger.
- Dizziness and lightheadedness, as a result of the body’s need for another number of calories.
- A clear rise in body temperature.
- Chronic headache.
- Gallstones are dangerous.
My experience with the 1200 calorie diet
Many people were interested in trying a 1200-calorie diet, and they explained the results of their experiences through websites and electronic forums, and the results were as follows:
One of the women confirmed that she was suffering from a noticeable increase in weight, but since following a 1200-calorie diet, she lost more than 10 kilograms of her normal weight in just one month.
Another woman mentioned that a 1200-calorie diet helped her eliminate excess belly fat for good.
While the latter mentioned that this healthy diet helped her get rid of the belly fat that she had been suffering from for more than 5 years.
Does the calorie diet lose weight?
The answer is yes, a calorie diet that relies on eating simple amounts of foods and a small percentage of calories helps in losing excess weight, eliminating belly fat and tough buttocks, which are difficult to get rid of easily as quickly as possible.
In conclusion, after we got to know the answer to some question… 1200 calories diet, how much does it go down? We would like to point out the need to follow a calorie diet with your specialist doctor, in order to determine the calories needed for the body without causing an imbalance in the body, or possible side effects.